Hello. My name is Stephanie and I am a Cabin Addict.
Here are are my symptoms –
- I love our outhouse
I sadly do not have a picture of the inside, but it’s painted, has artwork and occasionally even boasts fresh flowers. I never have to worry about whether or not it will flush or if there will be a clog. And then there’s the view – well, I just never get tired of viewing the view.
- I think taking a shower at the cabin is a miracle.
After years (and years) of sponge baths, pond baths and even an occasional bracing well bath, we are able to take hot showers at the cabin. Our shower is complete with granite walls, a mirror for shaving and light for night showering. The fact that we occasionally share it with a chipmunk only adds to its charm (after we’re done shrieking!).
- Cooking in the Cabin Kitchen makes my culinary juices flow.
The “work triangle” is to die for, there is always a ready supply of hot water (kettle on the stove) and cold water (jug by sink) and the vintage fridge only periodically freezes the lettuce. Though you can’t see it in this picture, we have a great selection of well-seasoned cast iron frying pans and pots, and new recipes just seem to call my name.
- I have no guilt pangs watching my dear husband do the cabin “his way” while I do it “my way””. His Way involved (this time at least) constructing and organizing a pond shed, moving the pump to the well from the shed and all electrical work thus required, rebuilding an existing drawer in the kitchen and adding a new one, building a stand for our “emergency” indoor porta-pottie, clearing and prepping the area next to the cabin to make it more useful in the future and continuing to conquer the rocks that jeopardize the lawnmower. My Way consists of sleeping as late as I can, drinking coffee by the fire (coffee brewed and fire built His Way) for as long as I can, cleaning and organizing different areas of the cabin and sorting through my 7,643 pictures taken last year and putting together my official “Year Eleven” photo book. I’m at the ready to help my guy whenever he needs me, but pretty much I’m just working at my own speed on my own list. (Pictures of this year’s His Way projects can be found HERE. A preview of my photo book is HERE. Don’t judge me.)
- I love the fact that we can (even if it’s only occasionally) share the cabin with our kids. This year we overlapped the first weekend with our Lancaster kiddos and it was such a delight to see this next generation loving the cabin in action. Especially fun – watching the 4 year old take a bit of ownership on this little corner of the world!
And my favorite –
“Let me help, Daddy! I can do it!” (Three generations at the cabin. This makes my heart sing!)
- I am irrestibly drawn to sharing the Cabin Love with friends. This year good friends Joe & Kim Trivilino came for a long weekend,
Other SOWER friends stopped in for an afternoon –
and the cabin hosted (for the 4th year in a row!) the Phoebe’s ladies group from our
Another confession – I love to show off the cabin. There, I said it.
- Finally, I am totally addicted to taking this picture.
I’ve only uploaded one this time, but don’t be led astray – there are plenty more where that came from.
There, I feel better now that I’ve gotten this off my chest. We’ve traveled extensively over the last 11 years, and one question that we are often asked is, “What’s your favorite spot?”. With no hesitation, it always comes back to
If you’d like to see more photos of our wonderful three weeks at the cabin (along with some of the other wonderful family we got to see), you can check out the whole set (Don’t worry, it’s not ALL the pictures I took – just the ones I’ve uploaded!) HERE!