Since replacing a dorm full of bedspreads wasn’t in the “options list”, we had to come up with a plan B. Or in this case, a plan S (for stretch). You know how when you need to stretch those leftovers to make a full meal and you add some additional veggies? Well, we figured that the best way (actually, the only way!) to stretch these bedspreads was to add additional fabric. Beth (the mastermind of the plan) purchased a batch of solid color bedspreads, and we got to work!
First you cut the new spreads into strips.
Then you sew and sew and sew.
We worked on this project for two and a half days, and we managed to get 60% of the spreads (for one dorm) done.
Now that we have the system down, we should be able to knock the last batch out in no time!
Remember the Chapel floor that we were working working hard on the first two weeks?
We finished up our part and earlier this week others (younger and stronger!) put on several coats of finish.
Looking good, doncha think? 🙂 Love that we had a part in that!
(But let’s be honest – I really loved that we got to sew this week!)
Meanwhile, Joe and Dan were continuing on with their massive rewiring project.
I’m still collecting and organizing photos for that.
But Gary has continued working on the lighting in the main chapel.
One of the workers here came to me at the end of the week and said excitedly, “Come and see how bright Mr. Gary’s lights make the chapel!”
Before “Mr. Gary’s Lights” –
With “Mr. Gary’s Lights” –
“Mr. Gary’s Lights” without the original ones.
Yes indeed. “Mr. Gary’s Lights” are a big improvement. (And, he got to play on a man lift too! I just was too busy sewing to get a picture of that!)
My Saturday morning is getting away from me, so I better wrap this up and get on with my day. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend, wherever you are!