Let’s finish up March, shall we? (Oh, you say, but it’s already April 6th! I understand your confusion. But let’s just say – for today only, that it’s the end of March. Please?)
Following our March SOWER project at Panfork Camp, we hit the road for Big Sandy, TX where the 2019 Texas Roundup was being held. We pulled in a couple days early
but before long the campground was full of rigs (and SOWERS ready for a great Roundup!).
A SOWER Rally (or Round-up as we like to call’em here in Texas) is simply a gathering of any SOWERS who can make it – whether you’re just starting out on your SOWER journey or have been serving for decades – for a time of fellowship, fun, and ministry refreshment. For us personally it’s a wonderful time of reconnecting with folks we’ve worked with in the past and also an opportunity to meet some of the new faces that we hope to serve with in the future. Between the speakers and the activities, it’s always a great reminder of just why we do what we do. This year’s Round-up was no exception! Here are just a couple of the highlights –
- We were blessed two mornings with messages from Lew Sterrett and his team from Sermon on the Mount.
So many Biblical lessons were shared – if you ever have the opportunity to hear him (or someone from his ministry) I urge you to take advantage of it! He was excellent!
- We shared lunches and dinners together – always a great time of fellowship! Whether it was catered by ALERT or a good old fashioned (and always delicious) SOWER potluck
(Oh yeah, baby. Desserts!)
Or the beautiful banquet ALERT put on for us –
(Don’t ask me what I’m doing in this picture – I haven’t a clue!)
the fellowship around the table is always sweet!
- Our days always started with a time of worship, and we were led by the incredibly talented Salty Strings.
John and Connie not only share Christ through their music ministry, they are SOWERS too!! We loved getting to meet them and get to know them!
- Another tradition at SOWER rallies is the auction. While it’s true that we are basically just trying to sell stuff we don’t want to other folks that don’t really need any more stuff, we certainly do try to have a good time while we do it!
Money was raised – and laughter did happen!
- But of course, the main attraction and true blessing of any SOWER gathering are the people!
Oh, my! When we all joined hands and sang our SOWER theme song, the room resounded with “Hear Ye the Master’s Call!”
(If this picture is just showing several blurry white balls, and you would like to actually see the picture, just click on the picture. 🙂 )
We can’t thank enough all the people that worked to put this most excellent Roundup together and ALERT Academy who once again so graciously hosted the event! What a wonderful way to finish up our busy winter season!
We pulled out on Wednesday, delighting in the spring green, and ready to tackle our next project!