- Contact a good number of your baking friends, invite them to spend a day of cookie baking at your house and ask them to kick in $15.00 to cover supplies.
- Do all the shopping to make about 30 batches of cookies.
- Start making the cookie dough the night before –
- Find as many flat surfaces as you can for work surfaces and storage surfaces.
- Come Saturday morning – let the baking begin!
Loved that we had some little helpers join the party!
Almond Shortbread Thumbprint cookies – Yum!
Rolling and dipping the (endless) gingersnaps – Oh, My!
Waiting for a turn in one of the two ovens, hanging out with the gingersnaps.
- Don’t forget to set up a “Real Food” station for when the urge for something without sugar kicks in!
- Be prepared for even the best organization to eventually dissolve into cookie chaos!
- But also be ready for some Bee-U-Ti-Ful end results!
- At the end of the day, send everyone home with about 8 dozen assorted oh-so-yummy Christmas Cookies.
- Load the dishwasher and get the next batch ready to load.
- Collapse on the sofa and remember that the rest of the mess will still be there when you wake up!
Merry Christmas Cookies, Everyone!